Getting in a car accident is shocking, frightening, and often-time, confusing. Here are some basic tips to guide you through an accident:
- Check on all the people involved in the accident.
- Call the police if there has been significant property damage or physical injury.
- Exchange license and registration with the drivers involved. If there are witnesses, obtain their name and contact information.
- Take pictures of property damage, if you are able to, at the scene of the accident.
- Contact your insurance company and file a claim, regardless of whether you think you are at fault for the accident.
- If you feel any pain or injuries from the accident, see a medical practitioner immediately.
- Consider hiring an experienced attorney! An attorney can help you through the process whether you are at fault or not. A personal injury attorney can help maximize recovery and liaise with all parties involved.