FAQ with Law Offices of Erin J. Lee

Table of Contents

General FAQs

It depends on what application we are submitting! There are estimated processing times on the USCIS website. For example, an adjustment of status case in San Diego, California is taking about one year from start to interview.

Immigration attorneys do all the planning before you file your paperwork so that you don’t lose time and money. We make sure you understand any risks, the full process, and walk you through all the steps that you’ll need to take to be successful. Our clients are most grateful for the peace of mind and the ease that they feel when they are done.

Some people may be successful doing their case on their own. But we’ve seen time and time again, cases where we could have saved them so much time and money if they had just hired an attorney in the first place.

USCIS is the acronym for U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. USCIS is part of the Department of Homeland Security. It’s the federal agency that oversees legal immigration to the country. USCIS issues green cards, employment authorizations, travel visas, and many other types of immigration benefits.

Generally, work permits are given to those who have something pending with USCIS. There are many categories under which a person can qualify, so we would have to look at your circumstances.

Meet Attorney Erin J. Lee - Book A Consultation with Law Offices of Erin J. Lee

Fill Out The Form Below To Schedule A Consultation.

Contact Us

Immigration Services

Request A Consultation Today To Discuss Your Options!

Financial Questions About Immigration

Financial FAQs

We provide a fee estimate to you after assessing your case. There are a lot of factors that are in play, and we want to make sure that we are providing you with the service that you need. We don’t just fill out your forms. Every case is different.

Yes. We take the time to thoroughly go through your situation and advise you on the best immigration route for you. This is not a 5-minute, cursory glance. If you are serious about moving forward, request a consultation today.

No. Federal visa fees are used to cover the cost of processing the application. The fee you pay when applying for a visa isn’t to buy a visa, it’s to pay for the processing of your forms. To increase your chance of approval, it’s best to work with an immigration attorney for all immigration petitions and applications.

Request A Consultation Today To Discuss Your Options!

Visa Related FAQs

It depends on a lot of different factors. What kind of visa did you come with? What country are you from? What level of education and kind of work experience do you have? What do you want to do in the United States? We must know a little bit about your goals so that we can best provide you with the best strategy to remain in the country. It is also important not to overstay your visa or violate the terms of it while you’re in the United States.

A U.S. citizen can petition for a child, spouse, parent, or sibling. A lawful permanent resident can petition for an unmarried child and spouse only. The family-based visa petition part is usually straightforward. 

The more complicated part of the process is making sure the person for whom you are petitioning is eligible to apply for permanent residency. We have to look at both eligibility criteria to decide the best path to take.

The U.S. government may deny a green card application for several reasons. Many green card applications are denied simply due to mistakes on the application or missing documents. While there are complex legal reasons for some green card denials, many denials could be avoided by working with an experienced immigration attorney.

It is possible.  We may be able to apply for a waiver of inadmissibility. Whether you are eligible for a waiver depends on what visa you are seeking and what ground of inadmissibility you fall under. There are a variety of options we can explore.

Adjustment of Status is the way some visa holders who are already in the United States apply for a green card without having to return to their home country first. If you are interested in learning more, you can check out our Adjustment of Status guide. 

There are many options for employment-based immigration visas. Most work visas require a U.S. job offer from an employer willing to petition for your work visa. To figure out if you are eligible to immigrate to the United States on a work visa, request a consultation today.

Maybe. USCIS doesn’t have the resources to do home visits for every marriage based visa petition. Typically, if a USCIS officer chooses to do a home visit, they have doubts over legitimacy of the marriage after the couple’s interview.

Common Visa Questions Answered

Request A Consultation Today To Discuss Your Options!

Urgent Immigration Questions

Urgent Immigration FAQs

You certainly don’t want to go through removal proceedings without an experienced immigration attorney able to provide strong deportation defense strategies. If you are facing deportation, please book a consultation as soon as possible.

Maybe. If you are at the border or a port of entry, you can request asylum if you were persecuted (or have justified fear of persecution) based on your race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or membership in a particular social group.

A visa doesn’t guarantee entry. If you are outside the United States, a visa lets you get to a port of entry like a land border or airport. At the port of entry, the Customs and Border Protection immigration inspector authorizes or denies admission to the United States.  

Most of the time when visa holders are denied entry at the border or airport, it’s either a paperwork issue or because they aren’t answering the inspecting officer’s questions. If a border officer says you can’t enter the country, stay calm and contact your immigration lawyer right away.

Request A Consultation Today!

Are you seeking clarity and guidance on your immigration journey? The Law Offices of Erin J. Lee is here to assist you. Based in the heart of Escondido, California, our dedicated team specializes in navigating the intricate paths of immigration law.

Call Erin J. Lee Skip to content